Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sketching: A Disciple's Burden

After that first episode after hiatus of Star Wars Rebels, I decided to draw this piece on Ezra Bridger:
A Disciple's Burden. Also on display at my DeviantArt.
It all started a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... wait, no.

It was quite a while ago, and this project took longer than expected due to schoolwork. It was in this scene of the first episode after midseason break I thought I'll draw something from Rebels again:

What I did was actually, pretty much copied Ezra from there, with tweaks to the pose to make it at least a bit more original... and I was quite happy with what I came up with. I made Ezra slump more after that tragedy. Well, I didn't warn of a spoiler beforehand so I'll not mention the tragedy.

 

As I pretty much copied, so I just sketched immediately on sketching paper. Done with my HB for the first sketch.


And then I shaded him, using a 2B and 6B, as 4B was too in-between for this piece, I thought. Well, the done sketch was not too much different from the final image. Just tweaked colors in photoshop, to make up for the loss of graphite 'color' during scanning. And there you have it, A Disciple's Burden.

Ah, next episode of Star Wars Rebels up tomorrow for me to watch and review.

___
Star Wars Rebels is a series by Disney Lucasfilms.

No comments:

Post a Comment