Saturday, January 21, 2017

Good Job, America.

RIP USA 1776-2017.

No, don't start the flame war just yet. I know you have picked an unpopular president. I know some of you think he might tip the status quo of the entire world. Hear the words of your new Commander in Chief. Each and every word just screams America First and to hell with the rest of the world

But the entire world is changing. 

I seem to have heard the same tone from every new world leader, most notably mine, in Indonesia. We aim to rank higher in the world ladder, and if the cost is a tip in the balance of power, a change in the status quo, than it is fine. Anything for great Indonesia, and President Jokowi is ready to make a change.

And it is the same everywhere. Near us, there is the controversial Philippine President Duterte. Half a world over, we have Britain leaving the EU. Also, new conservative leaders consolidating power in the EU itself. Meanwhile, south of the US, more right-leaning leaders are also ready to take the spotlight.

It seems the trend is clear: more nations are becoming more individualistic. Someday, those convoluted systems of allies and pacts and blocs since the world wars must break loose. So, perhaps this change is not entirely and inherently bad. If Trump wants to make America great again at the cost of other nations, that is completely fine--just look at what we are also doing here!

My point being, I do hope, from all of this chaos and change, the entire world--and yes, including the USA--will rise up from the ashes. 

Or perhaps I am being too optimistic. RIP The Entire World ???-2017.

___
Please keep in mind I am not a political analyst. I am merely giving my two cents on a subject I deem interesting and important enough to talk about, plus an added bonus of practicing for my English test. Perhaps this turned out to be an incoherent rant. I seriously do not know. Thank you anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Lmfao bye har i can barely understand

    <3 dearest rinchan

    ReplyDelete