Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sketching: The Exiled Elf-King

Recently I have this lovely universe cooking up slowly, piece by piece, in my head. All I would say now, is that, we could say, Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars. I bet this could end in another hiatus. Like the Fall of an Empire.

I thought about this character, not the main one, however i find that he'll be an epic study for sketching. A young Elf-King who was deposed, and must live with the band of main characters (who I have not fleshed out just yet) to regain his kingdom among the galactic turmoil between humans and elves.

His name? I've no idea just the moment. What i have an idea, though, is that in the universe, there will be Magi, people who could harness the universal magical energy (wow, cliche.) through staves, to concentrate them. This Elf-King's staff is shaped like a bow, and he uses it like so:

Please also see it in my DeviantArt, if you'd like.
(Explanation, as my shading might be off: the string and arrow is magic.)
This was the first time I drew an original character of mine from the front. Perhaps his pose is not quite perfect. I do not know how to use a bow. And about the face: I tried a more semi-realistic approach, but for some reason, I may have been helplessly and irredeemably influenced by Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan).

And to think, half a year ago I started a flame war with my friend about west vs. anime.

I sketched as usual, really. However, it was the first time I planned out things thoroughly, in my new sketchbook.

This one, the preliminary sketch.


Then this'll be the draft. Er, design. His face did change. Still do prefer this older one, to be honest. But I can't even copy my own work. Which is... probably... good.


Dear me, I seem to have misplaced the unshaded final lineart. I may edit this post, if I find it. Or if i have taken a picture of it. Damn, messed up mind. Yes, turns out my mind was messed up and I've never taken a photo of the lineart. Apologies.

Finally edited the scan in photoshop. Scans sap the 'color' out of the pencil lead, and it'll be a shame to not simply edit the contrast and color.

Oh well, That's about it. I have school tomorrow.

Yes. The long, long holiday has finally ended. I shall be busied with school and have little time to tend to this blog or my DeviantArt. How sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment