Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sketching: I'm Not a Violinist!

I'm Not a Violinist! - Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April)
Also on display in my DeviantArt, if you'd rather check it out there.

"You should try it at least once, you know."
"H--huh?"
"Come on, play my violin!
"You know I'm not a violinist."
"Yeah, but it won't hurt to try!"
"The competition's just days away and you're the one that said I need to practice more-- HEY! Don't drag me--!"



Finally. Finally. This two-week-plus-old drawing is done. The only reason it took me this long for this piece was just the sheer amount of schoolwork.



So, I believed it would be funny when Kousei played the violin, and well... I'm quite right. Quite entertaining. It was inspired by my own expression playing my violin... well, roughly. That gave me the moment of inspiration... and as a drawback, I'm now back to thinking about Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Feels. Hooray.



But oh well. It all started with some quick planning sketches in my sketcbook


And then I did a more refined sketch on the page behind.



Again, due to the fact I've drawn Kousei before, twice now, drawing him again was not tha big of a fuss. Just needed to add the rest of his body.


And then, I got Kaori to draw. boy did she take a long, long time to finish. I've erased and remade the face near ten times, and her sitting pose also near ten times... The only woman I've drawn was Celty from Durarara. I've never drawn a girl with a face, and in a sitting position before. Good experience, perhaps.


Filling in Kousei wasn't all that much of a fuss as well, which is why I sketched him in before shading Kaori. Oh, I used my HB pencil quite heavily here for the lines, then proceeded along with the 2B, 4B, and 6B for darker places. Used a rolled tissue paper to rub and smudge.


Kaori wasn't all that much fuss to shade as well. Proceeding with the background, here.



But then again, why did I decide to do a full background? The piano was absolute hell. Did all that in a day, and quite messily, which meant more photoshop work. See the sheer amount of difference between this original sketch and the final image?




Fixed the colors and contrast, then went over and fixed the parts which required moving around and smudging. And there you go. Boy, did that took my interest. Now, on to Chemistry work.


___
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) is originally a manga by Naoshi Arakawa and published by Kodansha, then made into an anime by A-1 Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment