Thursday, February 18, 2016

Painting: The Bird of Paradise, Part II

The beginning of this project is in part I of this article.

Finally, the project that has been going on since last year have been finished: The Bird of Paradise:

The Bird of Paradise, 60 x 80 cm, oil on canvas
We left off with only part of the bird colored. Upon returning to the school, I defined the bird's colors a bit more.


Made the eyes and detailed the wings more. Started to add in the scenery: leaves and branch where the bird rested. Now, it was during this time I was told that my art should be completed in two weeks as it will be displayed in a local mall.

Thus I rushed, and sadly, forgot to take pictures. This is what it looked like some time after:


I added more leaves and painted the bushes and the sky. After that, I did the clouds, and failed as the paint was still wet.

Also went back and added to the bird even more.


This was a day before today. redid the clouds and repainted the sky, and detailed the bushes at the background. Also recolored the beak and foot, and detailed the tail.

And finally, added even more color to the background bushes, and leaf veins.

Oh well, the background was rushed over two (very busy) weeks, and the bird could've been made... a little bit fuller, more volume. But considering it only took around 20 hours, it was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment