Monday, April 4, 2016

Perth Edutrip, Day Ten: Back to Perth and Back to Home

I am still uncertain about posting pictures of the class here, so for now we'll just skip straight to my last day at Australia. There weren't any overly interesting events that happened, anyway.

So, in the morning, where we usually stay in bed until seven in the morning, I set up my alarm for 4:45 AM at the Thursday, as we must depart for Perth at six, sharp. The chill was... damned chilly, and I shivered like never before. That's the best I could describe it.

I bid my homestay parents farewell in the dark of the morning. The bus was already waiting in front of the Margaret River Senior High, and all of us boarded for our final excursion: to Perth! Goodbye, Margaret River.


We had a potty break half an hour into the journey. We parked in front of a lake, and the view was dominated by maneuvering birds.

Everyone else were playing in the playground. Perhaps childishness. Perhaps simple boredom.


After the three-hour long drive--one where I spent on watching Youtube and a game of Banished--we arrived at Elizabeth Quay, which was just opened earlier this year. We quickly looked around, and got wowed by the high-tech public toilets there.

Anyway, this here is Bell Tower, a strange-looking structure at the center of the place.


While it was just opened, it seems many already visited and immortalized their love (I shall never understand this) here with the locks in the front of Bell Tower.


After about half an hour of mucking around, we went to Hay Street, and were given free reign of what to do.

Me, I'll just do some street photography while searching for the third book of Artemis Fowl, which I've been looking for since two years ago.


Me and my buddy decided to buy a Subway.

No, the edible kind.

At the food court below Hay Street (apparently they need not have any fear at all for floods), we ordered (served by a waitress who put in salt and pepper inside our subway after asking my buddy "Would you want salt and pepper with that?", to which he answered "No, thanks.")  and sat and munched away. 

In front of us, an old man fed his father. Well... I'm sorry to both of you, for taking this without permission; if you ever come here and do not want this picture to be shown, please do tell.



Hay Street was indeed very busy, and many people did things other than shopping, such as this man, harking tales of salvation. A rare sight in Australia, where there are 30 people in a Sunday mass at Margaret River, compared to the more than a thousand per mass, for seven scheduled masses weekly. Crazy.


Alas, as rich as Australia is, there are also homeless people there. This man played the accordion quite beautifully, and after we gave him some coins, I asked to take his picture.


Some also work for charity, for example this guy, that dragged a large piano through Hay Street. Fascinating little instrument, there. From what I could tell, Perth is a pretty generous city, after all (with so many coins you don't want to be bothered counting).


Then, we have the medieval-themed buildings in a nice little alley. Interesting contrast with the tall skyscrapers behind.



There are also some older buildings in Perth as well. In the bustling William Street opposite to Hay Street, there was this old tower. The clouds were also something there.

Then, it was twelve o'clock. We rushed back to our bus (After finally finding Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code!) and stopped by at KFC for lunch.

And then, the airport. The dreaded tearful farewell.

Ascent (My favorite pic there, do check it out in my DeviantArt.)
And farewell to Perth.


Hello, overly-populated, quite-filthy, blazing-hot hometown. I've missed Jakarta.

And so the tale from one week ago closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment